Two Views


Two Views ( Dueling verses but no banjoes)
by
Marc E. Brodeur
and 
Bob Brodeur

A concrete canyon of steel and stone.
A din of eight million voices,
More hive than home.

A concrete canyon of steel and stone.
A chorus of eight million voices,
They are home.

Be it din, or chorus or cacophony
New York City is a sight to see.
Visitors in awe will gaze,
as they navigate the concrete maze.
But we who bask in Fenway ranks,
Thumb our nose at those damned Yanks.

If I dare continue this friendly duel 
I fear I am not in your league.
What you craft in mere minutes,
takes me more hours than say, extra innings.
I have navigated those mazes,
And yes, gazed in some awe.
And yes, we who bask in Fenway franks, 'er I mean ranks,
Flip our proboscis at those damned
Yanks!

Oh echo from my younger branch, our efforts are a lark.
What will be said of we two clowns, one Robert and then Marc?
What spirit coursing in your blood provokes this labored verse?Were we drunk or wished to be? Were we bored or worse?
Not Frost, or Poe or Dickenson dare we claim to match.
Just having fun with silly rhymes, an itch we had to scratch.

Comments

Popular Posts